Single Subject Areas
At Lloyd Street School the students have access to a comprehensive curriculum programme which includes access to a range of specialist programmes. All specialist teachers endeavour to ensure their programmes link authentically with the Programme of Inquiry or with the Primary Years Programme – key concepts and transdisciplinary skills.
The single subject programmes are as follows:
- Physical Education – including PE lessons, Grade 5 & 6 Sport, House Competition, swimming lessons and Tri- skills gymnastics for the Foundation Students. Before school four days per week students can participate in jogging club, commencing at 8.15.
- Visual Arts – exploring a range of visual art media. A lunchtime Visual Art Club provides time for students to explore passion projects.
- Performing Arts – incorporating music and drama with an emphasis on performance. The Performing Arts Program also incorporates choirs, instrumental ensembles and rock band, all of which perform at school events.
- LOTE French – an introduction to the language and customs and culture of France began in 2023.
- Information Communication Technologies (ICT) – access to contemporary ICT tools and explicit skill development.
- Philosophy – the development of a broad range of thinking and communication skills.